The explosion of digital B2B marketing makes it hard for many companies to keep up. In 2017, trends called for B2B marketers to ramp up on the following:
- Marketing Automation – using an automated platform to nurture and score leads gaine from content offerings
- Content Marketing – marketing that involves the creation and sharing of relevant online material
- Integrated Marketing – marketing that work in concert to optimize the communication of a consistent message of the company’s brand
- Account-based Marketing – a collaborative strategy that engages sales, marketing, subject matter experts and key executives
- Mobile Marketing – multi-channel, digital marketing strategies aimed at reaching a target audience on mobile devices
- Social Media – requires effort to maintain B2B social media channels, so the best tactic is to focus only on the most effective networks
How much of a difference are we seeing from last year’s trends versus 2018? A little or a lot – depending on what you’re comparing. For 2018, most of the 2017 trends are still running strong. However, there are a couple new trends such as video content and SEO that have emerged as important:
- Rise of Video Content – the most popular avenue of content by far. A video can say a lot in a short time
- Content Marketing – still important with continued use of inbound campaigns and email marketing
- Personalization – developing marketing tactics to segmented audiences and personas
- Account-based Marketing – focused collaboration on each account remains a strong approach
- SEO – the shift from traditional to modern SEO tactics (and maintenance) to rank search keywords and continued analysis
- Marketing Automation – data is key to showing ROI on your marketing efforts
- Social Media – continues to grow in importance and use in B2B marketing
To have success with digital B2B marketing, it’s important to understand the many parts to your marketing machine and recognizing that each one can’t work without the other. Your best bet is to find a B2B marketing agency to help you to identify an effective marketing strategy to promote your brand.
All marketing tactics should be thought of as part of a larger whole, rather than separate pieces. By strategically integrating all marketing tactics, the marketing programs become more effective and cost efficient. As a B2B agency, we use integrated digital marketing to meet this improved performance need. To learn more about how it will benefit your business, download our free eBook: A Better Path for B2B Technology Marketers.
Debbie MacKenzie is a 1991 graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) where she majored in graphic arts production management. Deb cut her professional teeth managing production and customer relations at major printing companies before coming to Schubert b2b 19 years ago. Debbie’s a versatile big hitter overseeing all things financial and operational.
Learn more about Debbie