Blogging is essential to B2B inbound marketing strategies. Every day more and more B2B companies are starting up blogs on their sites. But why blog? What are the benefits? What is the effectiveness and can it really have that much of an impact?
Not only does blogging allow you to increase awareness and credibility, it also has a powerful impact on your B2B inbound marketing strategy and SEO rankings. Articles posted to your site should be centered around topics, problems and solutions that are important to your potential customers. Think about questions they may be asking and write posts offering solutions or insight on those issues. By posting on these topics, you can increase awareness of your products/services while demonstrating thought leadership.
This is why content blogging continues to be a critical component of successful B2B inbound marketing strategies. Blog articles provide a great way of adding new educational content to your site. When used in combination with other inbound marketing strategies, these informative pieces help guide potential customers through the buyers’ journey.
When posted on a consistent basis, blogs also have a very positive impact in helping your site to rank better with SEO. Google is always on the lookout for fresh, new content. The more posts you have, the more pages your site will have indexed with Google.
In addition, blog articles are the perfect opportunity to create keyword-focused content. Because blog posts are written closely around one particular subject, there’s a very good chance they will have some success in improving your site’s rank for those keywords. The more frequently you post new content to your site, the more it will help with your blog SEO rank and driving visitors to your site.
Still unsure about the benefits of blogging for business?
Check out these stats:
- 67% more leads per month are generated by companies that blog – Social Media B2B
- 82% of marketers who blog daily acquired a customer using their blog, as opposed to 57% of marketers who blog monthly — which, by itself, is still an impressive result – HubSpot
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing in 2013 – HubSpot
- 67% of marketers say their company blog is “critical” or “important” to their business – Mashable
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog – Mashable
- 54% more leads are generated by inbound tactics than traditional paid marketing – HubSpot
- 2X as many marketers say inbound delivers below average cost per lead than outbound methods – HubSpot
- Companies that maintain blogs have up to 97% more inbound links than companies that do not – HubSpot
- 3 out of 4 inbound marketing channels cost less than any outbound channel – Mashable
- Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing – Mashable
All marketing tactics should be thought of as part of a larger whole, rather than separate pieces. By strategically integrating all marketing tactics, the marketing program becomes more effective and cost efficient. As a B2B agency, we developed B2B 360 Integrated Digital Marketing to meet this improved performance need. To learn more about B2B 360 and how it will benefit your business, download our free eBook: The Better Path to Top-Tier Tech Marketing.
Kate Smith is a Creative Director at Schubert b2b. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Design from Kutztown University. When not in the office, she enjoys snowboarding, eating cauliflower, and staying up to the wee hours of the morning playing Destiny.