Websites are an important place to start optimizing your brand’s online presence for search engine rankings. But that’s just the beginning of a strong SEO strategy. Did you know that social media can play a large role in getting your company found online?
In fact, buyers use Twitter as a search engine in the same way they use Google to find content relevant to their needs. Here is a checklist of necessary items to make sure your company gets found on social media:
Define your buyer personas before defining keywords
- Create buyer personas by answering questions about their job challenges, their buying preferences, and what information they are seeking. You can gain valuable insights by asking your sales reps about existing customers or by going straight to the source. Reach out to your customers by phone or through an email survey and ask about their interests, pain points and buying motives.
Define keywords based on what your prospects are searching
- Define long-tail keywords and use them appropriately within your profiles and within the content you post. There are many online tools you can use to find the best long-tail keywords, such as SEMrush (our personal favorite), Ubersuggest or even Google’s auto-complete function.
Optimize your profile and your post
- In addition to your posts appearing in search engine results pages, your profile will show up, too. In fact, social media profiles are often among the top results in search listings for brand names.
- Tip: Google loves Google+, so be sure to spend some time keeping your company’s Google+ page up-to-date and fresh with relevant, SEO-rich content.
Focus on content quality, not keyword quantity
- Google uses algorithms to determine the relevance and value of articles, blogs, and other content. Quality content will improve your rankings much more than keyword stuffing. This means your tweets should link out to compelling content and should include a relevant, helpful description of what the reader can expect to learn.
Build external inbound links
- By encouraging followers to share your posts, you are increasing the number of indexed online pages that link to your content and landing pages. More inbound links tells Google that you are an authority on certain topics, and they will rank you higher for those keywords.
Learn more about B2B Social Media Best Practices for Marketing Success.
All marketing tactics should be thought of as part of a larger whole, rather than separate pieces. By strategically integrating all marketing tactics, the marketing programs become more effective and cost efficient. As a B2B agency, we developed B2B 360 Integrated Digital Marketing to meet this improved performance need. To learn more about how it will benefit your business, download our free eBook: B2B Top-Tier Tech Marketing.